Monday 13 May 2013

Pancake Fun Shapes


Holidays bring three things around to my house.

1) In-Laws or Family.

2) Babysitters (said in-laws or family babysit while my wife and I go out with a friend couple we don't get to see enough)

and

3) PANCAKES!!!!

My father in-law loves making pancakes for everybody, and we love eating them.  I think we have created quite a friendly competition between his pancakes and my world famous crepes (http://ihavenipplestoo.blogspot.ca/2013/03/recipe-7-my-world-famous-crepe-recipe.html) with the ladies enjoying the benefits of a friendly rivalry.

I think I win because whenever my crepes are done there are none left for leftovers, while there are always pancakes leftover no matter how many people are eating them.

Which left us a bit of a problem.  What to do with all those leftover pancakes?

Here is a great mini solution for your toddlers and kids at home.

Take their favorite shaped cookie cutter and cut them fun shapes.

They can then "dip" them a small container of syrup.

Great for taking to preschool, school or the park.  Fun for all the kids and like we learned in this blog post (http://ihavenipplestoo.blogspot.ca/2013/03/secret-sanity-tips-of-stay-at-home-dad.html) one new thing makes all old things seem new to kids. So even if they won't eat the big round pancakes, I almost guarantee you they will eat these ones.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.