Saturday 16 March 2013

Funniest thing I ever heard from a child

So this post is inspired by the fact that we now have a "Swear Jar" in our house.

So prior to a couple of weeks ago the funniest thing our daughter ever said were the following two things:

(yes I realize that they both involve "poop", and yes you can possibly chalk it up to the fact that it's a dad that is raising her.)

When my daughter was finally potty trained (see previous blog post on how that eventually happened) she was sitting on her Potty Chair (see photo below for the style) and I get her to call me when she is done.

                                       
She called me and I came to the bathroom and I saw my daughter jumping up and down with joy shouting "I pooped a "C"! I pooped a "C"!"

After looking into her potty I realized she was right, the poop had curled it self around the oval potty chair base making a perfect "C" shape. I was both proud of the fact she pooped on the potty by herself and that she recognized the letter "C".  (That's the work of the Preschool Prep videos for you)

Then a couple of weeks ago my daughter while running to the bathroom ran past our cat (Mia) who meowed, our daughter without missing a beat said "I can't pet you now Mia I have to go poop!"

Which brings me to the reason we have a swear jar in our house.

As a family we went on a trip to Canmore for some winter hiking.  We arrived at "Silver Tip Gold Course" and as we were getting out of the car, I asked my wife where our daughters gloves are, she didn't know so we both asked our daughter who replied: "Oh  "Sh*t" we forgot them!"

My wife and I both looked at each other and decided we needed a swear jar at home.  So we have one. Every bad word earns a dollar in the jar. (I would like to point out the worst word we say in front of our daughter was the Sh-word, but words like Stupid, Idiot and Crap all get $$ in the jar.)

Which brings me to the funniest thing I have ever heard children say:

I was working in an elementary school and doing the preschool class.  A group of 4 year olds were playing in the "fort" (which was just a table with a blanket over it) when I heard the following:

Boy 1: "My dad does the F-word!"

Boy 2: "My mom even does the F-word!"

Boy 3: "My dad does the F-word all the time!"

All kids together: "GROSS!"

I then asked the group to come out and talk to me.  All 3 boys did. I asked them what they were talking about.  None of them wanted to say.  I assured them that they won't get into trouble if they told the truth.

Eventually "Boy 1" told me that they were talking about the "F-word".

I asked them why they were talking about that word.

"Boy 2" pointed to "Boy 1" and said: "Because "boy 1" did the "F-word"!

I then had a huge sigh of relief, realizing that the "f-word" in this case was "Fart".  



2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Honestly I don't know if it matters if it's the mom or dad as the primary caregiver. Because potty talk/humour is the funniest thing at our house as well. I probably hear the "f-word" 100 times a day. And I think "I farted" comes out of the kid's mouths more than any other phrase. The joys of parenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call them "stinkers" here. We have a game where we blame them on each other;

    Like person who does it says: "daddy that's gross" I would yell back "Not me!"

    It's gotten to the point where we instantly yell "Not Me!" whenever we hear a "stinker".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.