Friday 29 March 2013

The Best Story I Will Ever Write

People who know me know that I have been writing stories for a very long time, my best friends know that I have been "making up stories" for even longer!

I am trying to become a professional writer. I am writing comic book stories everyday. I AM NOT DRAWING THEM!! (I leave that part to people who actually have skills)  You will understand why in a minute.

I am writing everyday now.

But since the sun is shining and softball season is almost here.  It got me thinking about the first "comic book" I ever wrote.

The first comic book I ever wrote took me almost a year to complete.  I wrote every word and I drew every picture. (The drawing by far took the longest)

So far only a handful of people have ever seen it or read it.

It is by far the greatest writing accomplishment of my life, and the story I am most proud of.

Here it is: "The Story of a Girl and a Boy"













This book was how I proposed to my wife Renee.

The ring was taped to the last page and when she got to that page, I got down on my knee and asked her to be my wife.

She said: "Thank You!"

I paused.

Waited a moment and another moment and finally she said "Yes".

I started writing "The Story of a Girl and a Boy" over 12 years ago this May.

At the time a comic book reading/skateboard riding/child care working/geek asked the prettiest girl he had ever seen out on a date to the "batting cages".

She said yes.

 Little do most people know, but that comic book reading/skateboard riding/child care working/geek started saving for an engagement "ring" his very next pay cheque.

I started putting the book together shortly after that.

Little over a year later we were married.

We have been together ever since.

She is still the prettiest thing I have ever seen.

PS: we still have our cat Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.